Certificate III Companion Animal Services (ACM30410)
Are you passionate about the welfare of animals? Whether you’re looking to enter the animal care industry or even kick-start a career in animal science, the Certificate III in Companion Animal Services has you covered.
The course will cover the basic welfare elements of animal care, including:
- Animal nutrition
- Animal hygiene
- Animal care and grooming
On top of this, the Cert 3 will provide essential business and administration skills in aspects of the industry. More specifically you’ll become competent with:
- Selecting and caring for companion animals
- Correctly capturing, handling and transporting animals
- Applying basic animal first aid
- Monitoring and maintaining the overall health and well-being of animals
To best prepare you for a career in animal welfare, we believe in providing hands-on experience, so you’ll be working alongside our highly qualified canine experts to put your developing skills into action.
The Companion Animal Services qualification is a Certificate 3 guarantee program which involves six months of full-time study. However, if full-time study is not an option for you, then give us a call and we can discuss an alternative study plan.
The specified units & courses include:
- ACMGAS203A – Complete animal care hygiene routines (Core)
- ACMINF301A – Comply with infection control policies and procedures in animal work (Core)
- ACMOHS301A – Contribute to occupational health and safety processes (Core)
- ACMGAS301A – Maintain and monitor animal health and wellbeing (Core)
- ACMSUS201A – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices (Core)
- ACMCAS301A – Work effectively in the companion animal industry (Core)
- ACMGAS202A – Participate in workplace communications (Elective)
- ACMGAS303A – Plan for and provide nutritional requirements for animals (Elective)
- ACMCAS302A – Provide advice on companion animal selection and general care(Elective)
- ACMSPE302A – Provide basic care of birds (Elective)
- ACMSPE304A – Provide basic care of dogs (Elective)
- ACMSPE305A – Provide basic care of domestic cats (Elective)
- ACMCAS307A – Provide companion animal hydro-bathing services (Elective)
- ACMGAS302A – Provide enrichment for animals (Elective)
- ACMCAS306A – Provide grooming services for companion animal comfort (Elective)
Following the completion of your Certificate 3 in Companion Animal Services, you will be competently positioned to enter the workforce in any of the following areas:
- Pet Grooming
- Pet Shop Management
- Dog Training
- Animal Attendance
- Control and Animal Security
- Pet Care
- Animal Welfare Services
The qualification and required units also provide a pathway for further study in areas of veterinary nursing and animal/ecological studies.
If the Certificate 3 in Companion Animal Services sounds like something you might be interested in, or if you have any further questions, please contact us today.