Certificate IV Companion Animal Services (ACM40310)
ACM40310 companion services certificate is the nationally recognised program for industry managers, supervisors and senior staff members within the animal welfare industry.
This advanced program enables individuals to gain a range of skills and take on the following roles within the animal care industry:
- Manage a business
- Supervise staff
- Work as a pet groomer
For people who wish to manage and direct their own animal care business, or study within a specific animal science field, the Cert IV Companion Animal qualification provides a great foundation.
The course requires individuals to complete a total of thirteen units over twelve months with a full-time study load.
This will include three core units:
- ACMCAS401A Manage compliance in the companion animal industry
- ACMGAS301A Maintain and monitor animal health and well being
- ACMOHS401A Maintain occupational health and safety processes
Along with eight elective units.
Following the completion of Certificate IV Companion Animal Services. Candidates will be eligible for the following roles:
- Pet shop/aquarium manager
- Companion animal trainer/behaviourist
- Companion animal breeder
- Companion animal groomer
- Boarding kennel or cattery manager
- Animal shelter supervisor/manager
- Pet minding and exercise operator
- Mobile hydro-bathing operator
If the Certificate IV Companion Animal Services qualification sounds like something you might be interested in, or if you have any further questions, please contact us today.